Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chocolate Cobbler

Many of my facebook friends asked for the chocolate cobbler recipe, so I'm finally posting it. I can't take credit for the recipe, it came from my friend Georgi. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures.

Ingredients:
3/4 stick of butter
1 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup sugar
11/2 T cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
*****
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
11/2 cup boiling water

The key to this dessert is how you assemble it...it's all about layering it, and NOT mixing!
Use an 8x8 pan.
Melt butter in 350 degree oven
Combine the ingredients above the stars to make a batter, then spoon over butter. Do NOT stir!
Next combine 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa and sprinkle over batter

Finally pour 11/2 cups boiling water over the above mixtures (i boiled the water in the microwave)

350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes

Enjoy! I think you will love the yummy dessert!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WOW...awesome! Thanks for posting it!
That may have to make an appearance on the Thanksgiving menu:)
Love you & can't wait to see you all- especially your growing belly!! (not from the chocolate cobbler, of course!! Ha Ha!)