Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sending My Love...

As I checked my email tonight I realized Dave had forwarded me an email today. I nonchalantly opened the email and soon realized that it was an email that my Dad had sent me a few years ago. Dave was going through old email, found it and forwarded it to me. Not knowing who the email was from, you can imagine what happened as I read and realized who it was from. All of a sudden it was as if my Dad had just sent it to me yesterday...like he was still here! My eyes filled with tears and I had hurt in my heart that I haven't felt in a long time. The magnitude of missing him took my breath away. All of that to say, I want to share the email with all of you just so you can have a glimpse of the kind of man my Dad was. I haven't altered the email and HIS typos are still there. I love that about his email....he was a hunt an peck kind of typer. I can just see him using his two pointer fingers pecking out the email that would have taken me about one minute to type...taking him probably ten! This email was sent shortly after Dave had set him up a hotmail account...he titled the email "sending my love"

dear tegan, i tried to send you a little note last night, but kept having trouble!!!!!!!anyhow i'm going to try again. i just want you & david how much i admire your relationship with each other.i belive you are starting with a good foundation, especially because i know that Jesus isyoue true basis for a great marriage. just remember to take it one day at a time and do the bestlisten to each other. that is one thing i see that is so positive in your relationship, is both your desire to communicate. i love you both so much. DAD

It was as if God sent this email from heaven to me today. I needed this today, and my heavenly father knew it!

9 comments:

Courtney said...

oh Tegan! How special! I'm crying as I'm reading it!

Lindsay said...

What a wonderful gift! I can definitely see your dad all over that! What a precious, precious man. I'm so glad God reached down and touched you today!

Darby said...

Precious! What a precious and sweet memory of your dad! I'm glad it was delivered just when you needed it!!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Tegan, I can hear your dad saying those words - sounds JUST like him =). Praise the Lord for the things he sends to us each day that remind us of his greatness! Love you and see you Thursday!

Whitney Akin said...

so sweet. thanks for sharing. dads are so great....

Callen and Michael Martin said...

this is so precious! what a sweet surprise! miss y'all!

Heather said...

Even though you warned me, it still brought the tears!Ohhh I just miss him so much! I wish I could hear his voice again.....one day, when we're ready, we'll have to find those tapes he made the summer he died. Remember those little tapes Pam Fraser brought for him to leave us all a special message?? ON mine, I bet he reprimands me for drinking too many Mt. Dews!! Ha! He always tried so hard to get me to drink water:) "Aw, Heather Bear,you don't know what you're missing with this good cold water! It's delicious, i tell you. once you start disciplining yourself to drink it your body will want nothing else!" (perfectly enunciated, of course!) I feel so blessed to be a part of his-of your-heritage. What an amazing man!!!!!! I love you so much! I can just hear him gloating over his "little Tegan" and that TRipp!!! He was so proud of you and would be amazed at what a great mom you are. :) Miss you! Hug Tripp for us!

Milla said...

Teg...What a special "minute" with your Dad! I can just see him pecking away...and then to see that video of Tripp and Tanner...how precious! I miss my "little man"! I love you all!
Milma

downsizindiva said...

How beautiful!!