Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tornado 2011

As most of you know, on the morning of April 27th (Tripp's 4th Birthday) horrific tornadoes ripped throughout the south. One of those tornadoes hit my mother's home, my childhood home. My mom was home at the time and by the grace of God was unharmed by the damage. However, the house is unrecognizable. David and I spent the last two weeks helping my mom move into a rental house and salvage what we could from her home. I am heartbroken for the families who lost loved ones. We have lost something that is material and can be rebuilt. New memories will be made. Please continue to pray for those who are mourning the loss of family and friends. God be with them.
Mom's house is under those trees
The living room.
That is where Cord's bedroom used to be.
The porch and living room from the outside.
Cord's bedroom...his bed is underneath all of the debris
Action shot of my husband. He and my brother worked their tales off getting the 34+ trees off of the house along with the other workers. There were more than 100 trees down on and around my Mom's house. There are NO more trees left on my mom's property. So sad. It literally looks like a war zone. Again, we are so thankful for God's grace and mercy during this time. I took over a 100 pictures, but they all start to look the same after a while, so I just posted a few.

1 comment:

kflyingcircus said...

Tegan - so sorry to hear about your Mom's house. All of the memories. So much mess to clean up; sort through. Thankful that she is OK and was not harmed. We had a tornado blow off our roof when I was young. Devastating. Praying for your family.